Tips to Help Your Movers Deliver your Office Supplies and Furniture at the Right Place in Your New Business Location
Relocating an office can prove to be one of the most challenging tasks for both a business owner and his employees. This is why simplifying it, by using an easily recognizable color coding system, can save time for all the individuals who have to unpack later. Your commercial mover will be more than happy to transport appropriately-labeled boxes, as this way the relocation team can unload them faster to the desired area at the new location.
Here is the color coding system, for packing when planning a business relocation, suggested by the reputable moving contractor [cn], of [ln]:
You Need 5 different colors of paper wrapping tape. Each of them will be used for boxes with different content. Here is a sample of how you can divide them.
– Yellow – Documentation folders, archives, and business catalogs or flyers
– Red – Stationary and office supplies, you will need immediately after you relocate: notepads, staplers, printing paper, pencil cups, etc.
– Blue – Technology: computers, printers, keyboards, copy machine, etc. Make sure to extra mark these, writing fragile and heavy on them. This will let your moving team know they should be extra cautious when moving a blue box.
– Green – Office cleaning supplies and kitchen area goods: dish-washing detergents, coffee cups, lunch boxes silverware, tablecloths, etc.
– Orange – Small items or personal belongings of each employee – framed pictures, books, presents, toys, etc. Make sure to mark additionally boxes which contain fragile items.
As you will probably need a lot of boxes to pack all of the office supplies, especially if you are a big company owner, you will need to supply your workers with many differently-sized boxes. In order to save money on buying new ones, you can either rent them out from your commercial mover or pick them with a van from a local supermarket.
Stores often throw away the delivery boxes they receive, even if they are not disposable. Of course, you have to be careful when picking them, in order not to choose a box where food was stored beforehand, as it may carry odd smells. You better ask the manager of the supermarket, a week before you start packing, to hold aside some unused boxes for you. Then you will have a guarantee that you’ll get what you need.