Tips By Professional Movers on What to Do Before You Move to Another Property
Regardless of whether you are moving locally around [ln], or long distance, there is always a lot of stress and it is highly probable that you forget to take care of some important things. No matter how carefully you plan or how many people you involve in the process, sooner or later you will find yourself struggling to remember whether you have completed a certain moving task or not. Luckily, today the local moving & storage service provider [cn], has prepared a short list with the most common things people forget, in order to help you avoid joining their group.
Here is what you should not forget doing:
1) Bring back library books and return movie rentals – This will definitely cost you less fuss if you do it before you relocate completely.
2) Collect the contact details of your former neighbors and all of your friends in the neighborhood, so you can still keep in touch with them.
3) Arrange the transportation of your pets and plants as most commonly your moving & storage service provider will refuse to transport them. This is a policy most moving contractors are very strict about.
4) Make sure you pay all the bills, or at least write down which ones need to be paid in the beginning of the new month. Don’t forget to call your internet service provider, cable TV provider, as well as electricity company to inform them you will no longer need their services, giving them an exact date when you will leave your old property. If you fail to do all this, you may end up in debt for services you didn’t even use.
5) Inform your bank and the local clubs you are a member of what will be the address of your new home, so they can still send you account information, newsletters and other important papers.
6) Prepare a box with all the essentials which you are going to need first. Make sure you take the box in your personal car and not in the transportation truck of your movers, so you can open it immediately after you arrive at the new location. The things you can put there are: toothpaste, towels, a set of clothes for each member of the family, some snacks, etc.